Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Adding pictures to a completed Scrapbook Page!

Ok, most of you know me and I make my pages up for workshops and then add my photos to the pages.  So how easy is that!  Well, sometimes you may get stuck and can't envision this.  So here are a few tips to help you add those pictures to your page.  I finished a summertime page recently and here is how I did it. 

1)  I start with the completed page and the photos I wanted to use.  I had printed out the pictures at Walgreens, the standard 4x6 prints. 

2) I sorted through the picutes and discarded the pictures that are blurry, or just not worth putting on my page. 
3)  Looking at my layout I needed 3 very small photos 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"  so looked for far way subjects.
4)  I also needed one focal (large 5x7) picture.  I took the best picture out of all of them and put it where the 5x7 photo needed to be placed.  I new that I could reorder this picture in the larger size and add it.
5)  The layout also needed several horizontal photos so I took the best 3 - 4 of the remaining photos and just lined them up on my page.
6)  Then it is a matter of cropping and sizing my photos to for the layout.  Below is the finished layout with the enlarged photo.

Hope this helps.
Sheila